Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oh Boy

Yeah, I know it's been almost 3 weeks since my last post. But when the typical day is getting up at 6:00, going to the gym, being at work by 7:45, then not getting off work until around 9:00, getting on the internet and doing a blog takes a major backseat to taking a shower and playing dead on my bed.

The job is going well. As you can tell, LONG hours, but the paychecks are worth it. We've been to some interesting places, seen some interesting things, and met some, let's say, DIFFERENT people. This week I have worked nearly 80 hours and that doesn't include today, when I'm going in at 12:00 and have a big take-down job to do in Ahoskie. After having to drive to Edenton for 3 straight days, at least it will be a change of scenery.

Baseball season is in full swing as the pros are into their third week of play. I would like you to go back to my January 29 post and read what I wrote about the Red Sox. In particular, Mike Cameron. Tell you what, here is my exact quote:

"Theo Epstein can't seriously be thinking of Mike Cameron being our Opening Day centerfielder can he? I mean really. Mike Cameron was a mediocre bat 5 years ago. He is an above average defender, but he is all pop and will hit .230. not to mention he will be on the DL by May..."

Well, I must admit, I was a little off. Cameron was put on the DL on April 19. And his average is .233. He also has no home runs or RBI. Check this off as one for Wes.

Rocky Mount continues to buzzsaw through the regular season as they stand at 17-2, 6-0 in Big East play. Hobbs Johnson and Benton Moss are showing why they are the best 1-2 pitching punch in the state. The Gryphons have given u[p a grand total of six runs in conference play, and three of those came in the bottom of the 7th inning against Hunt when RM led 7-0 and had a couple of relievers in. If the Gryphon bats can churn out a few runs a game, this is a team with as good a shot as any to be standing on the final weekend of the season. We'll just have to wait and find out.

TIme for me to get a shower and get ready for work. I'll talk to ya'll again soon. As always, I've got you a little something extra. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment